- Keep in Touch – Over half of the folks we send holiday cards to are ones we haven’t seen or don’t see on a regular basis. Some go back to early in our marriage when we lived in another state.
- Warm and Fuzzy – Sending cards to those you care about causes you to sit down and think about those people. It sure gives me a great feeling when I realize someone took the time to think enough of me to send a personal card. Perhaps you might be moved to say a prayer for that person, as well.
- Chance to get real mail – Ok, admit it. Doesn’t your heart beat a little faster when you go to the mailbox and find a personal card or letter instead of just bills and junk mail?
- More personal – In this age of email and instagram, some things just never get old… like showing a personal touch by sending a card the old fashioned way.
- Just plain fun – Sending holiday cards is a fun way to show your creativity! Whether it’s sending a photo of yourself with your family, choosing a humorous card, or even putting your child’s artwork on a custom card, Christmas is a great time to get creative!
One of the card sources I just love is Minted (thanks, minted, for the order credit to help with my cards this year!). It was fun opening the package with our cards in it. Minted is so thorough… your order is packed and shipped with quality in mind.
Minted is known for its high-quality paper and printing. Minted’s Signature paper is thick and luxurious with a creamy cotton texture, and has been optimized for photo printing. Minted also offers postcards, ornament cards and 8 unique die-cut shapes. A variety of backer options allow you to add additional photos, text, and customization options to your holiday card. My order arrived quickly and in perfect condition!
The designs at minted are fabulous, and one really fun thing about them is that anyone can send in a design! Some of their artists are professionals, but lots are just like you and me – they had an idea and sent it in and the rest is history!
Ours this year consists of a simple photograph on the front and a message on the back.
Are we the only people who still put our whole family on the card – even though our kids are grown and we’re grandparents?
I think my favorite thing about minted and their card service is the printed addresses on the envelopes! They do this as a free feature right now, and to be honest – it saves me a ton of time!! Just upload your address book into a spread sheet file (CSV file), and send it with your order, and you will receive the envelopes addressed and ready to go!
Be sure to visit minted on the web! It’s not too late to get cards out this year (or be creative and send out New Yer’s cards!).
Tell them Sondra Lyn sent ya!