I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This #shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser, #WalgreensOlogy. As usual here at Sondra Lyn at Home, all opinions are my own.
My nose is raw.
My hair is dirty.
And my skin is ‘foliated’! YUK!
Sorry… didn’t mean to gross you out! I’ve had some kind of cold-type bug the past few days and it’s getting to me. I can’t tell you how many tissues I’ve gone through, and I desperately need to wash my hair!
So today, on a trip to Walgreens for some tissues and meds, I spotted their Ology products that would make me feel better and help rid my world of toxins at the same time.
As you may have noticed if you follow my blog, I am on a mission to achieve a healthy home. I posted a while back on cutting sugar from my diet, on using essential oils in everyday life, and exercising social responsibility in order to leave this world a better place than I found it.
Part of that mission includes incorporating products into my daily routine that I know to be free of harmful chemicals. Ology fits the bill for my healthy home, and I was so excited to be able to try some of the products! Today I picked up the Ology Cube Facial Tissue (made of cane husks and renewable bamboo- NO trees), the Ology White Pear & Cucumber Shampoo and Conditioner, and some bars of Ology Oatmeal and Honey Bar Soap. It was comforting to know as I used those soft Ology tissues, that my icky cold had not cost the lives of any trees!
So, in a nutshell, here are 7 Ways to Feel Good When You Don’t:
- Take a warm bath. You can take a detox bath with some epsom salts, some sea salt and add Essential oils to the salts before you add warm water. This feels SO good to achy bodies!
- Exfoliate all those dead, dry skin cells. A great way to do this at the end of your detox bath is with Ology’s Oatmeal and Honey Bar Soap. It is gently exfoliating and won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- Wash your hair. Ok, I know this should go without saying… but I let mine go too long! And since I had done some yard work around the time I got ‘sick’ there may have been pollen in my hair, or other pollutants. I lathered, rinsed and repeated with Ology White Pear and Cucumber Shampoo and Conditioner. It felt good to know that I was cleaning my hair with a non-toxic product
- Pat yourself dry and lotion up. Slather on a good moisturizing lotion, such as Ology’s Milk and Honey Body Lotion.
- Change your sheets, when you feel you’re on the uphill side of the cold. You will feel better, plus you’ll launder out all of those nasty germs! (Ology even has laundry detergent- Woot! WOOT!!)
- Get Dressed and Put on Makeup! OK, this one might be a little controversial, but I always feel better when I put my face on, even when I don’t feel well! I also use tissues when I do my make-up and I LOVE the Ology tissues! They are 100% ‘tree-free’ and are SO soft! Made of easily renewable sugarcane husks and bamboo, they don’t give off any ‘lint’ either, which is a pet peeve of mine.
- Watch a good movie! The other night when I just felt plumb miserable (southern for awful), I happened to catch ‘Singing in the Rain’ on TV. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in its entirety and it was quite an enjoyable flick!
Another thing I like about Walgreen’s Ology products is that they are free from the following 10 harmful chemicals: Ammonia, Chlorine bleach, DEA (diethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine), Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, Nonylphenol ethoxylates, Triclosan, SLS, SLES. Plus, Ology does not use artificial dyes or fragrances.
When I got home, the first product I needed to use were the tissues… for my nose ISSUES!! (Uh-oh, I feel a rhyme coming on. Yes, this cold has gone to my HEAD!)
Uh, ohhh… wait for it!
Here it is: (Recited in your best ‘Cat-in-the-Hat’ beat) —
Who hasn’t suffered from a common cold?
When it attacks, you must be bold,
Take vitamins, and lots of fluids to drink.
But in the meantime, your nose can’t tell if you stink.
Take it from me, you probably do…
at least need a shower… and a shampoo.
So head off to Walgreen’s and get yourself stocked
With awesome Ology products- they really rock!
I hope this post leaves you with some ideas on how to feel good when you really just don’t! And how you can help rid your world of toxins while pampering yourself!!