7 Ways to Get More Done
These are some tried and true hints that help me get more accomplished throughout the day. I am not perfect, of course, so there are many times that I let even my own guidelines slide! But I always feel better- and get more done- when I do the following things:
- Make a List the night before- this may be a no-brainer, but it helps to have a plan. I used to hear this saying more than I do now, but ‘to fail to plan is to plan to fail’! I definitely get more done when I have a list to work from. And I even list the mundane: ‘make bed’, ‘wash hair’… there is something very satisfying about crossing things of your list!
- Put your makeup on- I know this sounds ridiculous, but I promise, it works! Everyone deserves a ‘make-up-free’ day once in a while, of course, but on those days when I really need to fly to get things accomplished, I find that it helps me tremendously. I might still be in my sweats, but my make-up will be on! 😉
- Have a morning ‘quiet time’- this can be a short devotion, a time for prayer and refection, or time to read your Bible. I’m sad to say I don’t always do this one, either, but my day sure goes more smoothly when I do. I’ve even discovered that when I ask God to stretch my time, He does!
- Eat breakfast- another no brainer. But when I’m stressed or pushed for time, I sometimes skip this most important meal of the day, and then I am either hungry all day or trying to compensate for my lack of energy by eating the wrong things. And don’t forget to drink lots of water!!
- Minimize distractions- When doing a task, don’t be distracted by walking into another room. Ok. I know I’m not the only one this happens to! I can be doing a project, and walk into the kitchen and see something else that needs to be done. I’ll do that other thing, then walk into a bathroom or bedroom and it starts all over. Before long, I’ve forgotten my project… or at least gotten way behind on it!
- Tidy up before bedtime- Believe me, I’ve done this both ways… and there’s nothing worse than having a mess hanging over you when you get up in the morning!
- Go to bed at a decent hour- Since I started blogging, and keeping my grandbaby, there isn’t as much time during the day to get things accomplished. So it is very tempting to stay up late working or writing. But the times that I have done this, I have found it to be extremely counter-productive. I either want to sleep-in the next morning, which of course I can’t when I have the baby, or I’m tired all day, which definitely sinks my productivity!
Well, I hope this helps you a little. It helped me to remind myself of all these great tips!
Have a fabulous day!!