‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all though the house,
this creature was scurrying, just like a mouse.
The stockings were hung on the mantel with care,
but nothing had filled them… alas, don’t despair!
Pa-Pa in his PJ’s and puppy in his lap,
We’re just getting started – to fill and to wrap.
The kiddos are grown now, with babes of their own,
So there’s not as much pressure to get it all done.
They’re coming for brunch, after their own family time,
And us? Well, we’re ready… with a wink and a rhyme.
It’s Christmas Day, after all… the best time of year,
Merry Christmas to all, and be of good cheer!
And, speaking of brunch, I want to share my Christmas Breakfast casserole with you! This recipe can be doubled, as I’m doing this year! We love to serve this along with fruit and cinnamon and orange rolls. Yummmm!!
- 4-6 slices bread
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup grated cheese (I like to use Colby/Jack)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt (optional - can let guests salt to taste)
- Brown sausage in heavy skillet. Drain.
- Prepare large casserole dish (9x13) with cooking spray.
- Lay bread slices down in one layer in bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle sausage on top of bread, then cheese.
- Whisk eggs and add milk, cream and salt.
- Pour egg mixture over top and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake casserole for 45 minutes or until light brown on top.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
I wish you the very best of Christmases with your family! May you be blessed in every way this very Day!!