Do you ever have one of those evenings when it’s all you can do to throw something together for dinner? Every night, huh?? Well, me too!
And last night was no exception. When our grandson’s dad came to pick him up after work, I began to think about cooking dinner (a little late, I know). We had lots of broccoli in this week’s produce co-op basket that still needed to be eaten, so I wanted to use it. I also had some chicken in the freezer, already cut into cubes.
I concocted an Easy Chicken Broccoli Divan with Rice that I hope you will enjoy!
- 4-5 cups Broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup (I use gluten-free Healthy Valley Organic)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbl butter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook Rice: In saucepan combine chicken broth with water to make 2 cups. Add 1 cup uncooked rice. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute chopped chicken in non-stick pan just till done.
- Steam broccoli until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in oven in casserole dish (at least 9 x13").
- Add steamed broccoli to butter in dish, sprinkle chicken on top of broccoli.
- To rice in pot, stir in soup and milk. Pour over broccoli and chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes (cover with foil halfway through so rice grains won't harden).
- Sprinkle cheese on top, wait 5 minutes and serve.
Please consider sharing this recipe by any of the social media icons below.
And Pin it so you’ll have the recipe for later! Thanks!!
Have a wonderful day!