We’ve been eating a LOT of strawberries during this coronavirus thing. My main goal has been to keep my daddy – and us – out of public spaces, so he’s been taking two meals a day with us. I think he must be who I inherited my sweet tooth from! This easy trifle dessert fits the bill for a simple but delicious recipe!
I hope you and your family have weathered this quarantine safely. It has been a very strange time, hasn’t it? If you’re like me, you’re tired of being cooped up and ready to get on with life!
I’ve posted a Strawberry Trifle recipe before, but this one is slightly different. This trifle dessert recipe is made in individual servings and they are SO cute!! They can also be adapted to other flavors that you might have on hand. Simply substitute any of these options for the strawberries: Oreo bits, peaches, cherries or cherry pie filling. You could even use pistachio pudding with pistachios or other nuts.
If you don’t have these cute little trifle dessert dishes on hand, you could even use something like these giant mugs that I used to serve banana pudding in this post.
Easy Trifle Dessert
Here are the step-by-step instructions for this incredibly easy dessert. You only need 4 ingredients: Angel Food cake, vanilla pudding, whipped topping, and fresh strawberries.
Start by cutting the angel food cake into cubes and dropping a few cubes into each dish.
Then arrange sliced strawberries around the outside of the trifle dessert dish. Dollop a little of the pudding on top of the cake, then layer a scoop of the whipped topping on top of the pudding. Press a few more cake cubes into the whipped topping, and spoon more pudding on top of that. Add a layer of berries, top with whipped topping and a strawberry to garnish. Voila! An elegant-looking, but easy trifle dessert!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe and stay safe and healthy. We will get through this very soon!
Here is the full recipe with printable version:
- 1 box (16 oz) Angel Food Cake Mix or store bought cake
- 1 small (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed or fresh whipping cream
- 1 carton fresh strawberries
- Mix and bake angel food cake according to directions on box
- In a small bowl, whisk together instant pudding and milk until smooth and place in refrigerator to chill at least 10 minutes
- Cut cake into small pieces
- Place several pieces on bottom of glass dish, the amount will depend on the size of your dish
- Slice strawberries and lay them around the outside of the dish, with the point side facing up
- Add 1-2 heaping tablespoons of pudding on top of cake
- Add whipped topping to a disposable decorator bag or resealable bag. You can also spoon it on, however using the bag is easier.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces and layer fruit
- Repeat layers and top with a strawberry
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours before serving
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
And here is an image for you to pin so you’ll always be able to find the recipe!
Copyright protected by Digiprove © 2020
Leave a Reply