How to create a Favicon in WordPress
Welcome to another post in my ‘Love Your Blog’ Series! In this installment, I am sharing how to create a favicon for your wordpress blog or website.
There are many little tweaks that bloggers can make to their websites that will make them more attractive to readers, as well as more efficient. One of the details that is so important when it comes to building your brand and brand identity is the Favicon.
What is a Favicon?
A favicon (short for favorites icon) is a small, square image which shows up in the tabs of a web browser and on a favorites menu. It is usually a small graphic representing the site, or brand, being visited. It shows up on the left side of the tab’s address bar. You’ve no doubt seen thousands of favicons before, even if you didn’t know what they were called. All the familiar brands have them. Here are some examples, including Facebook, Google and Pinterest:
Recognize them? That’s a Favicon. And the cool thing? Your blog can have one too!
How to Create a Favicon
Creating a Favicon in WordPress 4.3 or newer is easy as pie! Here are the steps:
- Keep it simple. Because your favicon will be so small, you want to use a fairly uncluttered image.
- Create your square image (at least 512 x 512 pixels). If you want to use your logo or site button, simply make sure it’s square and resized to 512 x 512.
- In your Dashboard, go to Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity.
- Click on Site Identity and you will see a dashboard with the option to download an image.
- Select an image and save your update.
- Enjoy as you watch your custom favicon appear on the browser tab for your site!
Within minutes, you can have a favicon installed on your site!
If this post helped you, be sure and pin the next image for your future reference!
Let me know if you have a favicon for your site. Did you install it yourself? What company has the coolest favicon, in your opinion?
Please leave a comment if this post helped you!
See you soon,
Copyright protected by Digiprove © 2016
Leave a Reply