Happy New Year, everybody!
This is the first post of the year for Sondra Lyn at Home. We had a great holiday break with lots of family time and time to catch up on some rest. I’ve also been catching up on some goal-setting. It’s going to be a great year and I’m looking forward to seeing how the cookie crumbles in the new year!
It has been awfully gloomy here, weatherwise. We’ve had rain almost everyday since Christmas. I suspect that I may suffer from the SAD syndrome, because this weather just makes me want to hibernate (and bake cookies)!
So, in true hybernating fashion, here is a super yummy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that is the perfect comfort food for curling up next to the fire with. It has lots of oats in it, so at least it does have some fiber. 😉 And for those of us that are gluten-free, these are beyond divine!
Here is the recipe, and, if you can keep yourself from eating all the cookie dough, you should get about 4 dozen cookies from this recipe.
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 1-1//2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 c. flour (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. xanthan gum (for GF version)
- 3 c. oats
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. nuts (I prefer pecans)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until crumbly.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Combine flour, soda and salt. Mix into egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden.
You might want to go ahead and pin the next picture, so you can go to this recipe any time you’re in the mood for these awesome cookies!